Delicious egg less Low calorie chocolate cake:
Cooking time – 40mins with preparation
Total Calories per piece – 340 cal
What you need:
- Self-raising flour [maida] – 1 ½ cup [660 cal]
- Sugar [fine/powdered] – 1 cup [700 cal]
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 3 tablespoons [you can use hot chocolate powder instead but remember to reduce the amount of sugar you add since it already has sugar] [40 cal]
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
- White vinegar – 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil – 5 teaspoons 
- Lemonade/Soda water – 1 cup 
Total calories per cake [5 pieces] – 1700 cal.
How to do:
With many of my experiments to perfect the art of eggless baking, I am penning down the one that gave me best results. Though its eggless, you can get the fluffiness and soft texture for the cake, but it would not rise as much as a cake with eggs would do. Usage of soda water and baking powder gives you a good substitute for eggs in terms of binding and rising. Here is my recipe.
- First of all, let us mix all our dry ingredients. Sift the flour and cocoa powder to avoid any lumps.
- Take a mixing bowl and mix flour, cocoa powder and sugar well.
- Now, add in the baking powder and salt and mix well. I prefer using a egg beating machine, but you can always use spatula.
- Lets add our wet ingredients. Add in vanilla essence, vinegar, oil and finally soda and keep mixing and make sure it doesn’t have any lumps.
- Mix till you get a flowing consistency [ see picture]
- Take a baking tray [make sure its thin and not so deep] and line it with butter/oil so that cake won’t stick to it.
- Pour the cake mix and put it in a preheated oven at 180 deg C for about 25mins.
- To check if its done, you can prick a toothpick/knife edge through it and if it comes out clean, voilá , your cake is done J
- Take it out and let it cool down to room temperature before you do any icing.
- I use a ready-made icing mixture for now, still to learn to decorate cakes. Depending on the level the cake rises, I tend to make sandwich cakes with chocolate spread in between. Yum Yum , I tell you its delicious!
That’s it, your delicious, eggless, butterless cake done 🙂
Go on surprise ur friends and treat yourself!!